Intellectual property is one of a company’s most valuable assets. At Fishman Stewart, we believe that intellectual property should be managed in the same way companies manage their capital. Our attorneys specialize in TURNING INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY INTO INTELLECTUAL CAPITAL®
As strategic advisors to CEOs and senior executives throughout the world, we help maximize the value of “intellectual capital”. Patents, trademarks, copyrights and trade secrets are key elements of a company’s business strategy. Managed effectively, they can protect new product lines, increase market share and head off competition.
The result is maximized opportunities, reduced risk and lower costs leading to a stronger bottom line.
STRATEGIC IP TEAM
For business mergers and acquisitions, we provide a thorough IP due diligence analysis to reveal potential issues in patent, trademark and copyright property rights. The value and market share of a business transaction is often based upon the significant value of these underlying IP assets.
MEDICAL DEVICE AND LIFE SCIENCE TEAM
The Medical Device and Life Science Practice Team provides high-level counseling to develop U.S. and worldwide intellectual property portfolios including strategies for managing, enforcing, monetizing, and maximizing revenue from patents, trademarks, copyrights, and trade secrets.
TRANSACTIONAL AND E-COMMERCE SERVICES
The IP Consulting, Transactional and E-Commerce Practice provides proactive strategies and solutions for companies with respect to their intellectual property transactional needs, including companies conducting business electronically.
Our experienced practitioners track the latest advances in the law and are positioned to handle a complete range of transactional, e-commerce, technology, privacy, Internet, advertising, regulatory and consumer legal matters, including:
– Professional services agreements
– Consulting agreements
– Licensing and technology transfer agreements
– Marketing and sponsorship agreements
– Location agreements
– Maintenance and support agreements
– Confidentiality and non-disclosure agreements
– Release of rights
– Pre-publication review
– Domain name registrations and dispute resolutions
– Competitive analysis and landscaping
– Technology in-licensing and out-licensing
– Business method patents
– Digital and electronic signatures
– Software development and licensing
– Intellectual property assignments
– Outsourcing and distribution agreements
– Enforceable click-through agreements
– Website terms of service and effective privacy policies
– Issues relating to third party linking, metatagging, framing or email spamming
– Compliance with data collection regulations including COPPA and EU Directives
– Intellectual asset management and monetization
– IP audits